Every business should have a name to make it easy for people to remember, to go on their tax and advertising, not to mention their website. Choosing a name for your fencing business like Fencing Perth need not be that difficult when you take into account the things you want out of it. Top of the list would be that you want to get lots of fencing work; having just the right name can help you achieve this goal.
The name you choose for your business needs to reflect stability and reliability of course, but there are certain other considerations to take into account. Since many lists of things including businesses in a phone book are done alphabetically, having a business name starting with Z will ensure your business is at the bottom of the list. Is this what you really want?
- Of course, most people will choose several out of a list to consider, when searching for the right business to deal with. But having your name at the very bottom is not such a good idea. A lot of businesspeople prefer a name starting with A so their business listing will be right at the top of the list. They might choose a name that starts with the word, Acme.
- Others don’t worry so much about the position in a list, but prefer to go with a name that reflects what they do. For instance, having the word Fence incorporated into the name of the business will certainly tell people what your business is about. If you specialise in a certain type of fence such a brick, you may also want to include that in your business name.
- However, those are fairly common and you can’t choose a name that someone else has, so you’ll need to put on your thinking cap to come up with something that is a bit different or unusual. PICKetMe would be a suitable name for someone who erects picket fences. It is also a play on words encouraging potential clients to pick them. This adds a bit of whimsy or humour, which some people might like, depending on their nature. However, it may not be perfectly clear what you do if people are thinking in terms of a different type of fence.
- Another way to choose a name for your business is to find something that is really short and simple like Afence. This helps people to remember it, especially helpful for a website or email address. Again, you have to choose something that has not already been chosen.
- Adding your name to the business title is another way to go. Your last name, first name or both together, along with the word ‘fence’ or similar works best if you have a one or two syllable name, or one that is easy to remember.