Beautiful Sydney landscape design always adds value and beauty to your home and increases your enjoyment of life. It should never be an afterthought, or given less attention than it deserves because how we live our lives affects our health and longevity, so anything that can give you a change to relax and enjoy your leisure time is well worth the cost and effort. Here are some great landscaping trends that have made 2016 more enjoyable and will continue to do so for those who implement them.
- More people now are seeing the value of consulting professional landscapers and landscape designers – and allowing them to transform their surroundings. It saves you a great deal of time and effort when professional landscapers do the work and you can be sure it will be done properly.
- Edible landscapes are more popular than ever and not just the humble herb garden. The latest trends include fruit trees – even if they are grown in pots – and colourful vegetables mixed in with the flowers that give the value of adding colour to the garden before being eaten. Some people even have dedicated veggie gardens.
- Outdoor entertaining is now more popular than ever and this can include a covered outdoor space featuring a barbeque area or pizza oven or a deck kitchen; a larger than ever barbeque area; attractive paving of some kind, outdoor seats and tables that do not have to be brought inside and lighting. It can also include shading with a sail, heating with a chiminea on the deck or a fire pit located outdoors.
- People travel overseas a great deal these days and what they see there is often reflected in the design of their gardens. Japanese, Chinese and Balinese elements can easily be incorporated into the landscaping design. How about a fishpond with an arching bridge? Statues. flags and pots that reflect another culture are also popular.
- Lawns are leaving. Since Australia is well known for its dry climate and since lawns require a great deal of water – not to mention mowing – to maintain, people are now converting their lawns to decking, paving, pavers or gravelled areas that add more value for their outdoor entertaining potential and more room to the living space in the home. If you long for a patch of green, why not try artificial grass? You won’t have to get up early to mow it.
- Native plants are now making a comeback partly due to their water-wise habits and partly due to the work of horticulturists who have developed many more species with larger or more colourful flowers.
Once you have hired professional landscapers to overhaul your outdoor spaces you will be able to get much more use out of them and really enjoy being outside in the fresh air.