|About Espresso Elementary|
|Who we are|
|Working for us|
About us: About Espresso Elementary
Espresso Elementary for Pre-K to 5th grade is a cross-curricular, multimedia learning resource with a wide range of interactive, video-rich classroom activities that motivate students to learn. The award-winning resources on Espresso Elementary are driven by the Common Core State Standards and have been proven to engage students while helping them to achieve educational outcomes.
Espresso Elementary is a product of Espresso Education, the UK market leader in providing video-based digital curriculum services to elementary and high schools. Espresso Elementary was formally launched in the US in September 2010.
About Espresso Education
Formed in 1997, Espresso was the first company to introduce full-screen video and media-rich content with weekly updates into a browser-based network solution in classrooms. With over 13 years experience, Espresso has worked closely with UK districts providing high quality, digital learning resources and tailored professional development programs to support the successful implementation of new teaching and learning models. The company has won numerous awards in the education, television, and training industries over the years, that recognize the quality of its content and outstanding customer services.
Today, Espresso is being used by over 60% of elementary schools (10,000) in the UK with a customer retention rate of 95%. Though the company may have changed in size and expanded in new products and countries, our original vision is as true today as it ever was.
Our mission: To transform education by encouraging the true integration of technology into classroom instruction through the use of powerful and compelling digital content.
We are committed to:
- Enhancing the way teachers teach and students learn
- Providing schools with the highest quality video-rich educational resources
- Adding meaning and relevance to the curriculum
- Helping teachers and students achieve their highest potential as individuals
About us: Who we are
- Lewis Bronze, CEO and co-founder, is the former editor of Blue Peter and Newsround, two popular children's TV programs in the UK. His creative flair and passion for education and his desire to motivate students to think and learn are the driving forces behind the company. In 2010, Lewis was recognized with an Outstanding Achievement Award at the Education Resource Awards for his contribution to the world of e-learning.
- Richard McGrath, President, joined Espresso in March 2002 and focused the company's strategic efforts on technology, content delivery and distribution and commercial policies. As a result, Espresso has become a market leader - tremendous growth, expansion into new markets and countries and financial success. Richard manages shareholder activities, acquisitions, divestitures and partnerships as well as major commercial and contractual matters across the Espresso Group companies.
All Espresso's products and services are proudly produced in the UK and the US. Our talented teams are passionate about making a positive contribution to education across the world. Within our production and training teams, we benefit from the experience of many senior educationalists and teachers who have a keen understanding of the needs of teachers and students.
About us: Working for us
There are many talented people working for Espresso Education. Developing and providing the additional support around this popularonline resource requires many different people with diverse skill sets. These range from technical support, to video editing and java developers, to teacher training and sales.
We are all passionate about whom we work for and what we do. We work together, play together, and celebrate achievements together.
If you are passionate about making a positive contribution to education, then a career with Espresso Education could be for you.