For Espresso to run correctly, it is important that your computers meet the recommended specification and that you have the necessary software installed across your network. We strongly recommend you take the time to check your setup against this set of requirements.
You can also check your computer is up-to-date with all the necessary software at www.espressoeducation.com/test
- An Internet connection with a minimum download bandwith of 256Kbps
- Use of this service requires http access through any firewalls or filters to the Espresso servers
Clients utilizing an on-site video server:
- A fully operable 100Mbit connection (1000Mbit recommended)
- The server must be configured and authorized to use your Internet connection to collect the weekly updates
Client Computer Hardware and Software
- Clients must already be connected to a working LAN running TCP/IP
- The latest versions of all operating systems and required software are recommended
- Windows XP, Vista, Windows 8 and Apple MAC OS 10.4 or above are supported with a minimum of:
- Graphics card and monitor capable of high color setting and minimum 1024 x 768 screen resolution
- X86 Processor running at 1.60Ghz (or equivalent)
- 512MB RAM memory
- Sound card
- Speakers and/or headphones (headphones recommended when Espresso is used simultaneously on multiple computers)
These are the minimum versions required. We recommend you have the most up to date versions.
- Clients must already be running Internet Explorer 8 or above for Windows, Safari 3.0 or above for Apple MAC OS X
- Firefox 3.0 or later is supported on Windows platforms only. The Windows Media Player plug-in for Firefox is also recommended.
- Google Chrome 4.0 o later is also supported on Windows platforms.
- Other browsers, e.g. AOL and Opera are not currently supported.
- Windows Media Player 11.0
- QuickTime Player 7.6 for Apple MAC OS X
- Flash Player 10
Recommended Additional Software (Windows and Apple)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view a number of PDF files
For further assistance, please contact the Espresso Helpdesk: firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-240-0188