Not everyone is considered to be an ideal candidate for liposuction. You may think that only obese people would be accepted for the procedure, but in fact, doctors often advise a different method of weight loss for those who are too overweight for liposuction. This is because Perth liposuction is not really done in order to lose weight; it is done to restore your body to a more acceptable shape. In order to do this, the fatty deposits that are causing the problem must be removed.
Doctors will want to speak to you about the reasons for having liposuction done and they also need to examine you to see if your problem is one that liposuction will really help. So if you are considering undergoing liposuction, here are 5 reasons why doctors would consider you to be a good candidate.
- If you are not more than 30% of your ideal body weight.
- If your skin is still firm with good elasticity and your muscle tone is good.
- If you are a non-smoker. Smoking is considered to put you at greater risk during any medical procedure.
- If your expectations are realistic. You won’t become a star with a perfect body image. The doctor still has to work with what nature gave you. That said, most people are delighted with the results of liposuction, and gain a great deal of self-confidence when they know their body shape is so improved.
- If you have already tried diet and exercise to control and improve the shape of your body and it hasn’t worked.
So what would be the reasons a doctor may consider a different procedure to be more suitable?
- If your problem is caused by cellulite, liposuction is not for you.
- For those who are obese, doctors agree that liposuction is not for weight loss, but for body sculpting. In this case another procedure such as gastric banding may be advised.
- People with a medical condition or an infection of some kind that could impair the healing process would be deemed unsuitable.
- Those with poor skin elasticity would not be considered for liposuction.
- If excessive worry about complications from the surgery are causing you to stress out. Stress is not good for surgery as it can cause complications of its own. That said, discussions with your doctor may alleviate such worry.
- If you cannot afford the fees associated with cosmetic surgery.
It is very important to realise that liposuction is not a weight loss procedure, even though there will be a reduction in your weight after undergoing it. That is why it is essential to talk honestly with your doctor about your needs and expectations.